Preparing For Your Fat Transfer Consultation
It is critical to be informed prior to deciding whether fat transfer is a good option for you. The procedure is very flexible, and you can tailor the amount of volume to as much or as little as you want, and wherever you want it. For the same reason, it’s important that you and your doctor have the same final result in mind.
Make sure to do your research, and discuss these details with your doctor. Here are a few questions to ask your doctor if you are considering this procedure:
- Am I a good candidate for fat transfer? Why is it a better choice than other volumizing options (implants, fillers, etc)?
- What techniques and tools do you use for the liposuction, fat preparation, and injection?
- How much fat will stay around?
- Can I see before and after’s of your other fat transfer cases?
- What can I expect my final results to look like?
- Where exactly do you plan to inject the fat, and how much? Can you draw a diagram to show me?
- How long will I take to recover?
- What type of post-operative follow-up should I expect?
- Would I benefit from any other procedures in conjunction with fat transfer? Can I see some examples of this?
- How long have you been doing this procedure? How many have you done?
- Consider bringing a picture of yourself that embodies the result you are looking for